Simplifying Personalized Buyer Experiences
Likely, no sales or marketing person would dispute the value of a personalized buyer experience. But personalization requires time, and often time that we don't have. The answer lies in streamlining processes, integrating technology, and improving relevancy.
Likely, no salesperson or marketing professional would dispute the value of a personalized buyer experience. As consumers, we’ve come to expect custom purchasing experiences. In fact:
- 91% of consumers are more likely to shop with brands who provide relevant offers and recommendations.
- 72% of consumers engage with marketing messages that are customized to their specific interests.
- 80% of those who classify themselves as frequent shoppers say they only shop with brands who personalize their experience.
- 70% of millennials are frustrated with brands sending them irrelevant marketing emails and prefer personalized emails over batch and blast communications.
- 51% of consumers expect that companies will anticipate their needs and make relevant suggestions before they make contact.
- 64% of buyers want a personalized sales proposal.
But as much as we expect an exceptional consumer experience, B2B interactions often fall short, and buyers are frustrated with the sales process overall. In reality, both buyers and sellers want the same thing: a streamlined, simpler sales experience, tailored for the individual use case. And we know personalization works, too. 88% of U.S. marketers report seeing measurable improvements due to personalization — with more than half reporting a lift greater than 10%.
So what’s the problem?
The challenges of delivering a personalized buyer experience are many, ranging from a lack of resources, to knowing where to start, to simply not enough time. Sellers are overtasked and buyers want faster responses— it’s no wonder both sides are feeling the pressure.
The solution lies in improving communication relevancy, better engaging prospects, streamlining processes, and integrating technology with your HubSpot CRM— all topics I discussed with Virginia Bray of Marketing Fusion and Chris Wisniewski of Paycove in our webinar discussion, Simplifying 1:1 Buyer Experiences.