Include full screen images and embed videos to show what your nonprofit does.
Embed spreadsheets and charts
Show how you're spending donations or what you've achieved by embedding spreadsheets and charts into your awareness and donation information document.
Register interest or get feedback while someone is reading your awareness and donation information document by embedding forms right into the document.
Learn what works
Qwilr's analytics enable you to see who's viewed your document, when, for how long and what content they engaged with so you can gain a better understanding of what has cut through and what should just be cut.
Trigger retargeting ads
Use your awareness and donation information document as a trigger to set off retargeting ads as a way of boosting awareness.
You can include payment features in the document so people can use their credit card securely to send a donation to your nonprofit.
Raise Awareness and Donate
A little about us
We work with remote communities in West Africa to improve access to clean drinking water, increase awareness of waterborne diseases and build long-term civic infrastructure. Since forming in 2007, our US-based fundraising staff and our African action team have worked together to improve thousands of lives – and we’re just getting started.
We believe that:
- Access to clean drinking water and safe sanitation facilities are basic human rights
- Education has the power to transform communities right around the globe
- People in the developing world know best how to improve their lives
What we do
Our teams on the ground in Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger work directly with communities to provide immediate access to safe drinking water while also laying the groundwork for long-term change. Our approach is three-pronged:
1. Water Access and purification
We quickly assess the current situation in a community: is water readily available and, if so, is it safe to drink? If there is an urgent need for clean water, we truck it in. Otherwise, we distribute materials such as water purification tablets, portable water filters and gas-powered stovetops for water boiling.
2. Water Education
Working with local governments where possible, we present information to remote communities that helps them:
- Independently purify or filter drinking water where needed
- Identify waterborne diseases and prevent their spread
- Divide and manage water resources among the community
3. Water Infrastructure
In consultation with remote communities, we draw up a long-term action plan that will create water security and improve health outcomes. Our goal is to provide each community with:
- A reliable source of water for drinking and washing (either from a well or river) and the means to clean that water
- Sanitation facilities (including handwashing facilities) that minimize the spread of disease
- A plan for sustainable agricultural activities, including the installation of irrigation infrastructure if needed
What it costs
Contributions to WaterWorks have a direct and measurable impact.
- $10 Pays for a family water-filtration device
- $100 Pays for water purification tablets for a community of 500 people for a month
- $1000 Pays for equipment and labor to build a well in a remote West African community.
All donors to WaterWorks can opt to receive our monthly newsletter via post or email, plus quarterly updates on specific regions and communities.
"WaterWorks focuses on the big picture and helps empower communities, which makes it one of the most effective charities I’ve come into contact with in West Africa."
- Hans Guber, director of operations, UNHCR (West Africa)
Where we're going
Our goal is to have created long-term water security and safe sanitation facilities for 100,000 people by 2025. But we need your help.
How you can help
Give a one-off contribution to WaterWorks and make an immediate impact on the ground.
Or sign up to give regularly and we’ll connect you with a specific community or communities so you can follow our progress more closely over a period of time.