More than words
Include beautiful imagery and engaging video to better tell your nonprofit's story and boost awareness for the important work that you do.
Charts, numbers and more
Simply embed spreadsheets, flow charts and presentations to your fact sheet to provide a full view of what your organization is trying to achieve.
Embed forms to get feedback or register interest in your nonprofit right in the factsheet.
Use your own analytics
Connect your own tools, including Google Analytics, Mipanel and Hotjar, to give you deeper insights into how your awareness fact sheet is performing.
Turn on retargeting ads
Take awareness to the next level by using your fact sheet as a trigger, turning on retargeting ads so you stay front of mind.
Waterworks Fact Sheet
What we do
We work with remote communities in West Africa to improve access to clean drinking water, increase awareness of waterborne diseases and build long-term civic infrastructure.
How we do it
Our teams work directly with communities to provide immediate access to safe drinking water while also laying the groundwork for long-term change. Our work is divided into three areas:
- Water access and purification: Providing immediate access to safe drinking water or providing the means to clean and treat existing water supplies.
- Water education: Providing up-to-date information to remote communities to help them improve health outcomes independently.
- Water infrastructure: We draw up a long-term action plans that will create water security and improve health outcomes.
We believe that:
- Access to clean drinking water and safe sanitation facilities are basic human rights
- Education has the power to transform communities right around the globe
- People in the developing world know best how to improve their lives
Our History and Team
WaterWorks was founded in 2007 in San Francisco by a trio of university graduates with combined skills in IT, international relations and marketing.
With assistance from the United Nations, we quickly built an action team in West Africa and began identifying remote areas of need.
We currently operate in Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger, and employ 35 staff across the organization.
Since forming, WaterWorks has made long-term commitments to 50 communities, improving the lives of more than 20,000 people. Since 2012, our fundraising – and our impact – has roughly doubled each year.
And we’re just getting started.
Our aim is to have created long-term water security and safe sanitation facilities for 100,000 people by 2025.
In the coming years, we hope to expand our coverage to include more remote regions across West Africa, and to continue multiplying our impact.
How can you help?
Give a one-off contribution to WaterWorks and make an immediate impact on the ground.
Or sign up to give regularly and we’ll connect you with a specific community or communities so you can follow our progress more closely over a period of time.