About this template
Secure projects and impress potential clients with our interactive template. Designed for efficiency and impact, this template enables your team to create a persuasive, well-structured, and professional consulting proposal that demonstrates your unique insights, actionable recommendations, and expertise.
Present a polished, tailored, and insightful proposal that addresses your client's needs, ultimately fostering trust and winning more business.
- Indicative investment
About the author
Jess is the Fractional CMO at Qwilr, looking after product marketing, growth, content functions and more. Prior to Qwilr, Jess was the International CMO of StubHub International (eBay owned $5B marketplace), where she led a team of 44 marketers across 69 markets. Jess also has extensive strategy consulting experience in Australia and the United States from starting her career at EY.
A consulting proposal is a document prepared by a consultant that outlines how they can assist a potential client in achieving their goals.
- Problem Statement: A crucial component of a consulting proposal is the problem statement. This section underlines the client's challenges and the reason they are seeking assistance. Clarity and conciseness are key here, as this sets the tone for the rest of the proposal.
- Proposed Solution: After identifying the problem, the next step is to propose a solution. Here, the consultant explains how they plan to address the client's challenges and accomplish the set objectives. Being specific is critical, with concrete examples of successful solutions previously implemented for other clients.
- Cost Breakdown: The cost section of the proposal elucidates the financial aspects of the project. It includes an estimate of the expenses and the deliverables the client can expect. In this section, transparency is paramount as it provides a comprehensive breakdown of the project costs.
In essence, a consulting proposal serves as a roadmap showing potential clients how the consultant plans to navigate their specific challenges and drive them towards their desired goals.
A consulting proposal should be used whenever a consultant wants to propose their services to potential clients. It serves as a means to communicate the consultant's offerings and define the project's scope. While consulting proposals are applicable in various scenarios, there are specific situations where they prove particularly valuable.
One such situation is when a consultant is presenting a new project to a client. In this case, a consulting proposal helps outline the project's scope, timeline, and deliverables in a clear and concise manner.
Another scenario where a consulting proposal is advantageous is when proposing changes to an ongoing project. The proposal allows consultants to effectively communicate the suggested modifications, including their impact on the timeline, budget, and potential risks or challenges. This empowers the client to assess the proposed changes and make informed decisions regarding their implementation.
If you're tired of lackluster proposals and want to make a lasting impression on your clients, Qwilr's Consulting Proposal Template is the solution you've been looking for.
Here are the key benefits of using this powerful tool:
- Ease of Use: Within minutes, you can create a visually stunning proposal that captures your clients' attention. The drag-and-drop interface makes it effortless to add your content, customize the design, and create a proposal that perfectly aligns with your brand.
- Customization: The template offers extensive customization options, allowing you to tailor the proposal to your brand's unique identity. You can easily change colors, fonts, and logos, ensuring that the proposal reflects your professionalism and brand image. This level of customization sets your proposal apart from the competition and leaves a lasting impression on your clients.
- Interactive Elements: Qwilr's template enables interactivity, allowing you to incorporate videos, images, and pricing tables into your proposal. By making your proposal more engaging and informative, you help clients understand your offering more clearly, facilitating their decision-making process. The interactive elements elevate the professionalism of your proposal, making it stand out from others.
- Analytics & Reporting: You can track when clients view the proposal, which sections they spend the most time on, and whether they accept or decline it. This data empowers you to refine your proposals over time, making them even more effective. Understanding client behavior helps you optimize your approach and create proposals that consistently win business.
To use Qwilr's Consulting Proposal Template, follow these steps:
- Sign up for a Qwilr account (if you don't already have one).
- Select the Consulting Proposal Template.
- Customize the template to match your brand.
- Fill in the details of your proposal, including the problem, solution, and pricing.
- Save and send your proposal to your client.
A tool packed with features
Establish your brand settings once and automatically apply to every piece of collateral.
Collect payments instantly from customers with Stripe or direct to your own payment system.
Security & GDPR
Add security features like password protection and link expiry to protect sensitive content.
Add Calendly links, videos, surveys, Looms, GIFs and more to every page.
Get deals signed on the spot with built-in e-signing ability.
Create a library of reusable content for sales reps.
Showcase your value with an interactive ROI calculator embedded in your Qwilr pages.
Set up permissions so your team accesses only what they need.
Empower buyers with interactive pricing plans and quotes.
Frequently asked questions
To write a consulting proposal: 1. Define the problem: Start by defining the problem that your potential client is facing. 2. Offer a solution: Offer a detailed proposal of how you can help solve the problem. 3. Provide a cost estimate: Include a detailed estimate of what your services will cost. 4. Outline your approach: Outline the steps and processes you plan to follow to complete the project. 5. Include a timeline: Provide a timeline for the project so your client knows when they can expect results.
An effective consulting proposal should have the following sections:
- Problem statement
- Proposed solution
- Testimonials or case studies
- Terms and conditions
- Call to action
A consulting proposal should include:
- Overview of the problem
- Proposed solution
- Scope of services
- Cost estimate
- Timeline for completion
- Proposed method for measuring success
- Assumptions and dependencies
- Proposed next steps
You should present a consulting proposal in person or via video call, if possible. This will give you the opportunity to answer any questions the client may have and to address any concerns. Make sure to be professional and confident, and emphasize the value that your services will provide.