MEDDPICC Sales Proposal Template
Drive urgency and qualify prospects earlier in the sales funnel with our interactive MEDDPICC Sales template. Our MEDDPICC template is designed to streamline the prospect qualification process with an easy-to-follow eight-step framework, ensuring your sales representatives have everything they need to close complex deals.
About this template
What is the MEDDPICC Sales Methodology?
MEDDPICC Sales is an extension of the MEDDIC Sales methodology first developed by Jack Napoli and Dick Dunkel in 1990 while at PTC. The MEDDPICC Sales process incorporates many of the same elements of MEDDIC Sales, including Metrics, Economic Buyer, Decision Criteria, Decision Process, Identify Pain, and Champion, however, it differs slightly.
Indeed, the MEDDPICC Sales methodology introduces two new elements: Paper Process, and Competition. Here is a brief breakdown of this eight-step sales framework:
- Metrics: The quantifiable justification of your solution.
- Economic Buyer: Who must give their approval before a deal is finalized?
- Decision Criteria: The criteria by which the prospect is making a purchasing decision.
- Decision Process: How is the decision being made and what steps are involved?
- Paper Process: Simply put, this entails all the steps your sales representative must undertake to go from a decision to a signature. (i.e. legal paperwork, compliance checks, procurement processes)
- Identify Pain: What is the prospect hoping to achieve and what would occur if this issue went unaddressed?
- Champion: Identify one person within the organization that has internal influence to get the deal done.
- Competition: Any person, vendor, or organization that is competing for the same resources or funding.
When should you use the MEDDPICC Sales methodology?
The MEDDPICC Sales methodology is best used to streamline complex B2B sales cycles, emphasizing urgency and enhanced lead qualification. This sales process underlines the importance of asking prospects the right questions at the right time, helping sales representatives easily identify qualified prospects as they come in.
The MEDDPICC sales process is particularly effective at closing enterprise deals, ensuring your sales team not only focuses their efforts on qualified prospects, but can quickly identify objections and potential obstacles in the sales cycle. While this sales methodology can be used for B2B businesses of all sizes, it is ultimately best suited for extended sales cycles and closing complex deals.
Benefits of using our MEDDPICC Sales Template
Our MEDDPICC Sales template simplifies lead qualification, equipping your team with an interactive and easy-to-follow eight-step framework. While B2B sales cycles and enterprise deals often entail extended sales cycles, this mobile-friendly template is a great way at driving urgency and discussions with prospects with a higher motivation to buy.
Our MEDDPICC Sales template can be personalized according to your prospect and features an interactive web content builder to help deliver the ultimate buyer experience. Whether your organization is focused on improving lead qualification, or looking to streamline inefficiencies in B2B sales cycles, this sales template has you covered.
How to use this template
Close more enterprise deals with our interactive MEDDPICC Sales template and eliminate unqualified leads from the sales funnel. You can also book a demo if you are looking to get started with Qwilr!
- Create an easy-to-follow eight-step MEDDPICC Sales process
- Align multiple stakeholders within one, mobile-friendly and interactive document.
- Monitor buyer engagement and track every click through Qwilr analytics
- Identify MEDDPICC Sales process questions to qualify leads
- Empower your sales team to eliminate unqualified leads
- Focus sales conversations on prospects that are qualified (i.e. higher motivation to buy)
- Simplify the buying experience by organizing all pertinent information in one interactive document
- Ability to embed further sales collateral, like videos or spreadsheets – avoid attachments and links getting lost in email chains.
- Guide buyers through the sales process
- Embed security and compliance information for a safe, streamlined, and reliable sales process
Qwilr helps modern sales teams wow their buyers and drive revenue through engaging web experiences.
Web content builder
Drag and drop your way to beautiful sales collateral with our powerful editor.
Empower buyers with interactive pricing plans and quotes.
Add security features like password protection and link expiry to protect sensitive content.
Add your brand colors, logos, and custom fonts.
Optimized for mobile
Every Qwilr page is automatically optimized for mobile views.
Get deals signed on the spot with built-in e-signing ability.
Build a library of re-usable content for your sales reps to make every piece of collateral up to date and aligned to the company brand.
Track buyer engagement
Know what your customers are engaging with by tracking views, clicks and time spent on each web page.
Add Calendly links, videos, surveys, Looms, GIFs and more to every page.
Frequently Asked Questions
The MEDDPICC sales process is a proven B2B sales qualification methodology centered around eight key elements: Metrics, Economic Buyer, Decision Criteria, Decision Process, Paper Process, Identify Pain, Champion, and Competition. This sales process derives its inspiration from the MEDDIC Sales framework, and is designed to identify qualified leads in extended B2B sales cycles.
In other words, the MEDDPICC Sales methodology helps sales representatives evaluate whether their products or services meet a prospect’s needs. This sales methodology is ideal for closing enterprise deals, ultimately resulting in higher closing rates.
There are a number of reasons sales teams have turned to the MEDDPICC Sales methodology. For one, this sales process helps sales representatives gather invaluable information about their prospect, including pain points, decision-making criteria, and KPIs, resulting in enhanced lead qualification.
Implementing the MEDDPICC Sales process will ultimately lead to higher accountability throughout your sales team and help you identify strengths and weaknesses in your sales funnel. This is particularly important when closing enterprise deals and when dealing with extended B2B sales cycles.
The MEDDIC and MEDDPICC sales methodologies can be used interchangeably, however, there are certain instances where the MEDDPICC sales process is a better fit. The MEDDPICC sales methodology should be used in sales cycles where the paper process is complicated. In short, does the paperwork to get the deal done often get stuck in approval chains?
The MEDDPICC sales process is also often recommended when the solution being discussed is new to the client as it will ultimately result in additional approvals and compliance checks. Finally, this sales methodology is better suited when many competitors are vying for the same resources or funding. Unlike MEDDIC sales, this methodology accounts for competing organizations or individuals.
Implementing the MEDDPICC sales process will ultimately result in higher closing rates through improved lead qualification. Often teams will run external training with a consultant or experienced MEDDIC Certified™ sales leader, as it can be a more challenging methodology to run and maintain.
Before implementing this age-old sales methodology, however, your organization needs to take certain steps. Firstly, it is important to update buyer personas. Updated buyer personas give your sales team a comprehensive understanding of what the ideal prospect should look like. Next, sales representatives should familiarize themselves with each of the eight steps of this framework, including essential MEDDPICC qualification questions. This will help your sales team identify a prospect’s needs and handle objections with ease.
Sales representatives can ask prospects a series of questions when qualifying them with the MEDDPICC sales process. Here are some examples of MEDDPICC sales methodology questions for each stage of this eight-step framework.
- What are your overall goals?
- What are you hoping to achieve?
- What is the most critical metric for your company?
- Who is responsible for the final approval?
- Would they need to be included in these discussions?
- What is the most important criteria when making a decision?
- What factors influence your organization’s final decision?
- Tell me about the steps that are typically involved for a decision to be made.
- How long does your organization take to make a final decision?
- Can you help me understand the contacting process of your organization?
- Do you need anything from me to simplify the legal process?
- How much time does the legal process typically take?
- What happens if this issue goes unresolved?
- What frustrates you the most about the current solution?
- What are key objections you might need to overcome?
- What happens if you meet or exceed your goals?
- What is the best way to get your team’s approval for this solution?
- Are you discussing with any other companies?
- Would you let me know if a competitor overtakes us in our discussions?
- What is working (or not working) with the competition’s solutions?
Start winning with Qwilr today
Start a free trial or get a personalized product demo from the Qwilr sales team.