JOBS @ QWILR
Documents are dead. Long live Qwilr.
Qwilr is a SaaS Startup
We're putting the power of the web into documents.
Qwilr creates webpages, that are built like documents. It combines the ease of documents with the power and beauty of websites.Qwilr Pages are data rich, interactive and bursting with media. They can be saved, copied and reused - just like any document. It’s the best of both worlds. And somewhere in between.
We want to help the world to move from the 1980s paradigm of Word, Powerpoint & PDF to the web - because the web can do so much more. You can read our manifesto (AKA our About Page) for more details.
We have a great team, a fantastic product, paying customers, and are well funded by some excellent investors. Our market is very large & we are looking to grow.
Qwilr is seeking talented and ambitious humans to help us completely change the way the world communicates by merging the ease of Document creation with the power of the Web. This could be Part Time or Contract position - but we are also open to hiring Full Time too.
You might be an experienced startup growth hacker & know all of the tricks for growing quickly, cheaply and scalably - or you could be an incredibly bright person who gets stuff done & is ready to learn.
We are looking for people who know that done is better than perfect, because you can only test & learn from doing.
We are not looking for someone with a focus on branding or strategy. Nor are we looking for people who are deep specialists in only one area (such as SEO or SEM) - but we'd probably love to hire you next year!
At Qwilr you will develop creative and innovative solutions to novel problems amongst accomplished, interesting and fun peers. We are a small, growing team and you will have a significant impact on the design and development of our business and our product. You will also have a nice budget to play with.
- Get it done.
- Have strong opinions, weakly held, on what is the right path forward.
- Understand SaaS, know why CAC to LTV matters, and enjoy reading the various blogs & books that define the SaaS marketing space.
- Know how to get traffic & improve a funnel.
- Know what to do in house & what to outsource.
- Understand data, optimisation & testing.
- Have good taste for writing & design (even if you're not a writer or designer).
- Work hand in hand with the founders on strategy & product launches.
HTML & CSS skills are always welcome! As are Photoshop /Sketch skills.
Have done your own thing before - be it a company, a blog, or an adventure.
Familiarity with Social Ads, KissMetrics & Customer.io would be nice too.
OUR TEAM ALL:
- Move fast and execute every day.
- Love developing creative solutions in a team, as much as going solo on a challenging project from beginning to end.
- Are eager to understand and adapt to our users.
- Are across both the big picture and the devilish details.
- Are independent, enthusiastic, and keen to lead talented peers in innovation.
- Share knowledge, teach, and learn from each other.
- Know in their bones that software and the web can make documents, work and sales at least 10x better.
A Little More About Us
We are a bunch of overachievers with backgrounds at Google, Dropbox, Microsoft, McKinsey & freelancing. We're based in Surry Hills, Sydney (5 min walk from Central Station) - but are open to working with people around the world.
We share our office with some of the best developers in Australia (seriously, they're all ex-Google, Twitter, MacBank, Facebook and more). If you believe that the best way to learn is to be surrounded by excellence, have we got the place for you!
We don't believe in 9 to 5, nor that you have to be at the office every day (you can work from home as you wish) but we do have a slight preference people who are Sydney based and can come into the office at least two or three days a week. We are very flexible with regards to leave and have ludicrously great company retreats every six months.
We're a company that prides itself on marrying engineering with design.
Does this sound like you?
If this sounds interesting and you think you're the right person for the job please get in touch!
If you know someone who you think would be excellent for this role please send them our way. We'll be sure to find a great reward for you - we look after our friends.
Reach out to Mark
p: 0477 137 140